Design and development of a ‘5 Pillars of Resilience’ workshop with particular focus on content to:
- Enable individuals to understand change and recognise their own response to change. This included attention to the brain’s role in change and understanding how this influences behaviour.
- Equip participants with practical, easy-to-apply tools to help them build personal resilience and ultimately navigate change effectively.
- Appreciate differing perspectives of all involved in organisational change and understand how best to support colleagues.
- Gain data insights through an online resilience questionnaire to recognise individual strengths and development areas. This was completed by participants prior to the workshop to raise awareness and understand current reality.
- Development of a ‘Team Resilience’ profile to provide a clear picture of the combined resilience profile for attendees and stakeholders of the programme.
The facilitator stayed connected with stakeholders of the programme throughout to ensure:
- Understanding of the change process over time in the organisation and make adjustments to delivery accordingly.
- Consistent feedback of key themes from workshops and any recommendations.
- Content was applicable to the needs of participants, adjusting as necessary.
The workshop provided ample opportunity to develop personal action plans with a shared commitment to delivery.
Resilience Toolkits designed by The Wellbeing Project were available with further information and practical tools to embed learning from the workshop. Employees were also signposted to existing resources and support in the organisation to complement the programme.
Finally, models were used within the training and toolkits that would provide a talking point and language for the whole organisation.